We have all gone through times in our life that have brought about periods of struggle. When we go through these moments we tend to go back to the old crutches that may not be the healthiest for our overall health. We may reach for that bucket of ice-cream and eat it while watching an uninspiring movie that just ends up leaving us more depressed and frustrated with our current situation. Many of these coping methods that we have grown accustom to lower our internal vibration, bringing on more negative energy. I have experienced this in my life more times than I would like to admit. Everything from Postpartum Depression, job loss, illness and even death in our family.
The only way I have found holistic healing is to see the pain as a whole system. You have to understand the depths of where the pain is coming from to truly be able to treat it holistically. It’s like an empty garden. It needs hard work, nourishment, sunshine, seeds, water and loving attention. Only then will you begin to see the fruit of your labour. In life you have to face the mountain of dirt to work through it; to mould it into something beautiful. I have cultivated many tools to help me during those difficult times and support my overall health on a day to day basis. These are my tools in my holistic tool kit.
1) I enjoy exercising and moving my body. I do yoga, run on the treadmill, bike, and walk to name a few of my interests. Do whatever You enjoy. It doesn’t have to be hard, just something to get you moving out that stagnate depressed energy, and bring up the “feel good” hormones.
2) I eat a well balanced diet full of lots of raw ” living” foods ( fruits/veggies and organic/local when possible) and lots of fluids. I thoroughly enjoy my herbal tea tonics. It helps to soothe away any stress.
3) I love massage, acupuncture, chiropractor, and energy work such as reiki or healing touch. These have been shown to be extremely helpful in releasing toxins that build up in our systems due to stress. It helps relax my mind and body.
4) I enjoy spending time in nature whenever I can: I’ll hug a tree, go for a walk barefoot, sit in the sun, go swimming in the lake, or just sit outside and breath in the fresh air. I love to do anything that brings me closer to the amazing healing energy the earth provides us with.
5) I make sure to take vitamins and mineral. Our food is shipped from all of the world, picked unripe and sprayed. Food isn’t as nutritious as it used to be so I make sure to supplement is a conscious and healthy way.
6) Do your research and educate yourself on the benefits of using topical or internal therapies such as epson salt baths, aromatherapy, homeopathic, herbs, vitamin therapy incorporating superfoods, and tinctures in to your daily or weekly practices. I have used these throughout the years for various aliments and to help aid in stress release. Find what works for you.
7) I meditate and express gratitude daily. Spending time focusing your energy on all the things that bring joy into your life can improve your mood, your outlook on life and lightens the soul. Taking time to just be still and at peace even if for only five mins a day can dramatically improve your moods.
8) I set goals for myself weekly and monthly. Whether it’s personal, fitness, or business do something that brings you happiness. Focusing on your goals can help you appreciate the growth and changes that can be seen over time.
9) I get out with friends and family. I love my alone time but I enjoy the beautiful energy that comes from surrounding myself with people I love that lift me up. Laugh and enjoy the company of your tribe of people.
10) I practice visualization, self talk, self work and affirmations. I have also enjoyed learning about the quantum mechanics of healing. It is so fascinating how effective healing can be through the mind, and power of thought.
12) My most important realization is the need for SELF LOVE. Learn to love yourself even when you are not feeling your best. Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all have our seasons in life that bring about challenges. There is nothing ” wrong” with you and these feeling will pass as do the seasons.